Transforming Tayside And Beyond
With over twenty years’ experience and a diverse property portfolio James Keiller Estates Limited is one of Scotland’s leading property companies. JKE’s portfolio exceeds 2˝ million square feet situated in a variety of locations across Scotland and comprises a wide spread of offices, industrial / warehouses, development / investments, retail / leisure, and residential properties. Completed and ongoing projects include some of Dundee’s most notable locations such as:
- The Discovery Centre at Balgarthno, NCR’s 143,000sq.ft international research and development headquarters.
- West Marketgait, a mixed use scheme totalling 175,000 sq.ft with Realtime Worlds global games software development centre, a Travelodge, Grosvenor Casino, Offices/Retail, and Serviced Residential Apartments.
- Manhattan Works in the Stobsmuir area, an 8 acre former derelict jute works refurbished to a high standard and divided into attractive units now home to a wide variety of businesses.
- Fat Sams” Nightclub in South Ward Road has been synonymous with Dundee’s nightlife for over twenty five years but following its acquisition was transformed into the City’s premier nightspot with 6 separate rooms plus live music venue all accommodating a total of some 3,000 clubers.
- Dunsinane, Kingsway West an old post war industrial estate of some 90 acres is being transformed into a vibrant business location following significant ownership assembly. Three sites have been sold on to car dealerships including Mercedes and Audi. The former Valentines Card Factory site of 13 acres has been acquired by Gladman who are developing a speculative Office Park whilst JKE themselves are building out bespoke office and industrial units on the Estate for several occupiers.
- Courthouse Apartments is purpose build student accommodation totalling 122 en suite bedrooms grouped in flats of 3, 4, & 5 rooms ideally situated in the city centre between the two universities.
Elsewhere in Tayside schemes include:
- Elliot Business Centre, Arbroath – 70,000 sq.ft of industrial and office units.
- Orchardbank, Forfar – range of industrial buildings totaling some 100,000 sq ft.
James Keiller Estates are also involved in several joint ventures throughout Scotland such as:
- Barnton Hotel Site, Edinburgh – landmark location ready for redevelopment.
- Fort William Waterfront – preferred developer status for mixed office, retail, cultural and residential scheme.
- Watermark Business Park, Govan, Glasgow – first phase office pavillons totaling 60,000sq.ft.
- Newbridge, Edinburgh – 250,000sq.ft of industrial/trade units.